Have you or a loved one been affected by ADHD, dyslexia or a learning disorder?
Let our experienced and caring staff help you
take the first step towards change.
Schedule your free assessment
It is a Free Assessment!
ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia and Learning Difficulties
How are we different from other rehabilitation institute?
Unlike other ADHD clinics, where the focus is most often rooted in the standard protocols of Neurofeedback Intervention, the approach at NIb3 is different. Everyone is unique, and no two brains are alike. Successful treatment hinges on measuring your specific brain activity in order to provide a treatment plan that is unique to you. Once we’ve identified your specific needs, we’re able to determine the most effective plan of treatment to restore balance within your nervous system. Our innovative therapies include:
- Somatosensory Integration therapy – working directly with the body’s senses
- Biofeedback and Neurofeedback training – working directly with brain and body functions
- Specific metabolic/nutritional support
- Mindfulness techniques
- Awareness skills
- Neuro-cognitive training
We find that ADHD is not an attention deficit, but an attention dysregulation. It is less about an inability to pay attention, and more likely comparable to being overwhelmed by paying attention to everything.
By training the brain to regulate the activity within its attention networks, NIb3 promotes integration between the various areas responsible for executive functions. This enables the brain to build a solid foundation that is more suitable for focus, while helping to eliminate surrounding distractions.
We also provide support and programming designed specifically for parents of children with ADHD. As a complement to our treatment programs, we consider it an essential piece of the puzzle to enable parents as promoters of progress.
NIb3 is proud to offer a FREE initial consultation. Let us identify the best training program for your needs, and we’ll have you on the road to positive change!
Call today to arrange your FREE initial Assessment 844.713.6423
What is ADHD?
ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. Many people associate this condition with learning disorders in children, but it is not only youth who can be affected. Symptoms may begin in childhood but can continue into adolescence and adulthood.
If either you or your child suffers from ADHD, let the professionals help! NIb3’s experience allows us to provide the best non-invasive, drug-free, and personalized treatment programs.
Symptoms of ADHD or ADD
Symptoms vary from person to person, but the majority of children affected by ADHD (ADD) experience difficulty with attention, impulsive behaviors, and hyperactivity. It is most often noticed once a child begins school. In adulthood, ADHD (ADD) may display itself via difficulties with attention or focus, trouble with time management and organization, and sometimes issues with goal setting and holding down a long-term position. Diagnosis of the disorder is difficult, and both children and adults can be misdiagnosed by health care professionals.
Regardless, you still may be struggling with a learning difficulty and finding a means that can help with that is key.
Dyslexia and Learning Difficulties
Learning difficulties such as dyslexia are very common in today’s society — approximately 20% of children are affected. This does not mean that they have an intellectual disorder or that their intelligence has been diminished in any way. In fact, children and adults who suffer from a learning disability can often have an above-average intelligence level. Issues can arise in areas like reading, writing and math, and with skills such as concentration and organization. Understanding both the struggle and the root cause of these issues is the key to determining the best treatment plan.
At NIb3, we work with every individual to get down to the root cause of your symptoms and problems, so that we can create a plan that truly works. We’ve proven that children and adults suffering from ADHD are not dealing with an attention deficit, but an attention dysregulation.
Call today to schedule your free assessment.
- Advanced, computerized Vestibular (balance) system and head-eye coordination assessment, to evaluate how well your eyes and nervous system respond to information coming from your vestibular system, assessing directly and very precisely your Vestibulo-ocular (VoR) and Cervico-ocular Reflexes (CoR).
- We will test and perform computer-based Cardio-respiratory Coherency analysis and Psycho-physiological state, this will assess Autonomic Nervous System balance and stability. We will measure and analyse your
- Electrical muscle activity (EMG)
- Skin temperature
- Skin conductance (sweat rate)
- Respiratory rate and patterns
- Blood Volume Pressure (BVP)
We will also create your psycho-physiological profile, measuring your cognitive and emotional stress response, quantifying its implication on your physiology.
- Your cognitive abilities and mental skills will be tested, including memory, attention, information processing, reaction time, other executive functions and sensory-motor integration levels. A battery of Neuropsychological Assessment will be employed.
- If needed, we will perform Surface Electromyography (sEMG) panel and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) studies, to learn non-invasively, about how fast your nerves are firing and how stable the connection between them and your muscles.
- A thorough orthopaedic, physical and functional examination will be performed, to identify biomechanical issues with your joints, ligaments, muscle tissue and the integration of the above.
- Your nutritional status and metabolic state will be interpreted, medical and relevant history will be taken in order to get more thorough and clearer understanding.
Our Treatment Plans
I was initially reluctant to try biofeedback. After trying a few rounds of traditional therapy with very little improvement I was referred to Shai. My situation was somewhat experimental and uncharted water for both Shai and myself. I was impressed by the amount of time Shai invested learning about my condition and developing a targeted treatment plan. His concern and eagerness to find a solution were genuine and obvious.
39-year-old male. Richmond Hill, Ontario